Soda hasn’t always been what we know it is today. Naturally fermented sodas have been made for centuries, from sweetened herbal teas or fruit juice mixes.
These drinks consisted of probiotics and beneficial enzymes to improve our health and they were very different from the unhealthy ones we drink today.
This form uses a fermented ginger culture to produce naturally carbonated soda. Ginger is a very tasty herb used to improve our health.
This is how you make it:
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh and chopped ginger root. Accommodate it to your own taste.
- ½ cup organic sugar or rapadura sugar. You can use 1 tablespoon molasses for flavor if you decide to use plain sugar.
- ½ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ tablespoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ½ cup water (chlorine free)
- ½ cup homemade ginger bug (for a faster recipe you can use ¼ cup whey, however the taste won’t be as good)
For Full Recipe and Instructions Click Here: How To Make Natural Ginger Ale
Also Ginger can be used:
As an Immune Booster
People say ginger is a “hot spice”, meaning that when consumed, it has a warm reaction to your body. And this is where the old saying “you have to sweat it out” originates, since ginger makes your body sweat. The sweat glands form a mixture which saves the skin from infection. Ginger causes sweating, which is exceptionally important in cases of cold or flu.
As an Anti-Inflammatory Worker
Ginger also eases arthritis-related joint pain. It consists of anti-inflammatory agents which decrease swelling around inflamed joints. A lot of people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis consume ginger.
Can Prevent Cold And Flu
For thousands of years people in Asia used ginger as a natural medication for colds and flu. The University of Maryland Medical Center says that in order to treat flu symptoms, you should steep 2 tablespoons of freshly shredded or minced ginger root in hot water two or three times a day.
As a Colon Cancer Preventer
A research at the University of Minnesota showed that ginger decreases the advance of colorectal cancer cells.
- Ginger powder causes death of the cells in ovarian cancer cells.
- Ginger boosts the immunity, and consuming a little amount of ginger a day prevents possible risks of a stroke. It also reduces bacterial infections in the stomach, and helps in the case of a bad cough and a sore throat.
- Ginger has shown an accomplishment rate of 75% in healing stomach flu and morning sickness.
Ginger reduces nausea from chemotherapy, pregnancy or surgery. Ginger inhibits serotonin receptors, causing anti-nausea effects on the brain and stomach. It also reduces vasopressin, diminishing motion-related nausea.